Air Freight Control Tower Operator, Dublin West
- Freight Forwarding
- Dublin West
- Dublin West
My Client, a Global Player in the Supply Chain industry based in Dublin West now requires an Air Freight Control Executive. This role requires flexibility and enthusiasm along with ability to excel!
- Work closely with overseas teams in all Global Geographies
- Managing and developing relationships with offices and agents globally.
- To provide excellent customer service to all existing and potential customers.
- Manage Customer activities closely while in transit (cross trade business)
- Maintenance of costs, ensuring best pricing achieved for service level requirements
- Cross training and development within other other departments
- Customer Order Booking
- Dealing with incoming correspondence
- Liasing with customs when required.
- Dealing with telephone queries – both inbound and outbound
- Dealing with Haulers, Airlines and Shipping lines
- Invoice Management and Cost Accrual Management
- Project Work when required
- Management of KPIs and Daily Reports
- Involvement in Continuous improvement Initiatives
- Involvement in Establishing and Maintaining SOPs.
- Keeping all filing up to date
- General Administrative Duties within the Department
- This is not an exhaustible list and may change from time to time as business dictates
- Min 1 yrs Airfreight experience in within a Freight Forwarder
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong industry knowledge ie aircraft types and related max cargo dimensions, ULD types, OOG cargo experience useful
- Rate negotiation skills, commercial acumen.
- Strong Customer service skills, willingness to go the extra mile to resolve issues.
- Industry documentation knowledge, ie different types of shipments and documents required, eg EUR1, ATR, Carnet, Original Docs etc
- Strong time management, ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility, will be required to work out of office hours/weekends etc
- Data accuracy/attention to detail, essential for KPI's
- Microsoft Office skills and other Business Systems Experience
- Ability to write SOP's
- Cost management, invoice accrual etc
- Good people skills, ability to build relationships with overseas offices/3pl's to ensure best customer service
- Ambitious, wants to learn and develop, team player
Permanent, Full-time - Shifts involved, early start early finish, late start late finish. Also some remote (From home) weekend work
€Basic salary + 10% bonus due to flexible hours
Please note that your application to this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/
Please do not apply for this vacancy unless you meet the minimum pre-requisite requirements as our clients have instructed us that they do not wish to receive applications from candidates that do not meet the minimum requirements.
Logiskills are leading recruitment specialists for the manufacturing, freight & logistics industries. Roles we typically recruit for include; air, sea and road freight forwarding; warehouse; distribution; transport; logistics; supply chain; materials; purchasing; procurement; engineering; manufacturing; production; finance; accountant; customer service; admin; accounts; coordination; clerk; agent; supervisor; manager; management