As an Airfreight Forwarder, you will be working on your own initiative and also be a key player in the airfreight team to offer solutions in a timely and efficient manner to the customer to ensure all aspects of the operation are managed to a high and efficient standard. You will be a customer-focused and develop excellent relationships with customers.
- Day to day operations to include dealing with customers, customs clearance, invoicing, creditors, reports and administration duties.
- Delivery and collection scheduling and dealing with carriers, hauliers, subcontractors and third parties.
- Liaise with overseas partners to ensure the department is proactive in providing a quality operational performance.
- Foster and develop good relations with both existing and potential customers to ensure retention and growth.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the role to ensure full ownership.
- Deal with all customer phone sales and/or customer queries.
- Establish a good working relationship with the air freight department and its customers.
- Experience in a similar airfreight position in the past.
- Proactive participation and adherence to the company QSHE system.
- Delivering excellence in quality and customer service every time.
- Familiar with managing your performance via Key Performance Indicators as discussed with your manager.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to escalate internally in the correct manner. Strong written communication skills are crucial.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Nicola Murphy on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs