Chemical warehouse operator - Dublin West
- Warehousing & Transport
- Dublin West
- Dublin West, Dublin City Centre
Please note that applications will not be accepted if all dates of employment and education are not provided as well as all gaps in employment being explained.
Established and forward thinking Logistics company is looking for a warehouse operative to join their team in their Dublin West site.
Purpose Of the Role
As a warehouse operator, you will be responsible for the safe handling of materials in and out of the warehouse. Also for the efficient acceptance, recording, put-away and storage of all products arriving on site. Continuous maintenance of the highest standards in safety, quality and housekeeping. Participate and contribute to the continuous improvement of activities within the operations team.
By the nature of the work involved it is first and foremost a requirement that you show respect towards your role, your colleagues and the company as a whole
- To pick, inspect and load customer orders while adhering to strict Safety and Quality requirements,
- To ensure that all load preparations are carried out to the highest standard and that all pre-delivery checks are carried out in full,
- To ensure all loading and unloading of product is carried out in a safe and timely manner, and all pre-checks are carried out prior to loading or unloading,
- Correct use of the WMS, (scanners, printers) and RF Guns for Picking and Processing Orders to ensure that strict Inventory Control Techniques are adhered to and ensure all material is scanned in and out correctly and not done manually unless given permission from the manager,
- To inspect all paperwork accompanying deliveries and process onto the WMS System
- To ensure at all times every attempt is made to maintain the highest standards of Safety and Housekeeping in the Warehouse and Yard and that these areas are left in good condition at the end of every working day,
- To participate in stock takes/Cycle Counting,
- To maintain Warehouse space tidy in keeping with H&S regulations and ensure that all Housekeeping Standards are maintained in a “Clean as You Go” atmosphere,
- To follow all ISO/H&S/Operational procedures/processes with all paperwork completed in full and correct,
- To report any near misses and accidents/incidents as required by the Company Health & Safety procedures
- To operate safely and correctly all Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) and their attachments. Ensuring all checks are carried out and documented prior to working, and any defects are reported to your Line manager
Emergency Response Team
- To form part of our In-house Emergency Response Team,
- To attend and participate in all ERT training,
- Be competent in the use of Breathing Apparatus sets,
- To participate in Emergency Response Drills,
- Carry out Equipment inspections,
- In the event of an onsite incident form part of the ERT response,
- To assist Emergency services in the event of an on-site incident,
Competencies and Skills
- Be Process Drive,
- Be meticulous in your work with attention to detail,
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook),
- Excellent communication both verbal and comprehension,
- Be health & safety conscious,
- Reliable, hardworking and very flexible, team player, fast learner,
- Any MHE experience or licenses would be an advantage,
- Valid full driving license is an advantage,
- Initially Monday to Friday 8.30-5pm during your training period,
- Shift W7 am 7am to 7pm / 11am to 11pm 4 Day Rolling Shift – 4 days on; 4 days off,
- The warehouse is open Monday to Sunday 365 days a year, i.e. Christmas day is a working day.
Starts at €26,000 per year with 2 salary reviews within the first year.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact David Donegan on (01) 832 6330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/