Customs Clearance Support Specialists
- Freight Forwarding
- Dublin North
- Dublin North, Mainland Europe
North Dublin software company specialising in cloud based logistics software solutions, now seek to hire experienced Customs Clearance Support Specialists with local German, Austrian and Swiss market knowledge. The successful candidates will represent the company at trade and industry groups and provide application support to customers internationally but focussed on those in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
The support team is based in Dublin, Ireland but the support specialist role lends itself to teleworking from a remote location and will involve international travel. We therefore welcome applications from candidates not resident in Ireland to join our multi-cultural team.
Some out-of-hours/on-call work will be required in this role, on occasion. An innovative and rapidly expanding company, the company offers a flexible and informal work environment. You will be able to gain experience, develop your skills and qualifications, contribute new ideas and help to re-define an industry.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Liaise with national and European customs authorities
- Represent the company at meetings of national software developer groups
- Be the contact point for the national customs expert
- Pre-sales involvement with sales teams, on-site and online
- Provide customer training, on-site and online
- Respond to and resolve customer support requests
- Escalate software, service or compliance issues
- Define new requirements for product management to review
- Create online training content and procedural documentation
Qualification and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of customs procedures within the local markets of Germany, Austria or Switzerland.
- Experience working with software developers or development teams is an advantage.
- Experience working with customs brokers or freight forwarders.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bi-lingual speaker with German
- Process led but always prepared to challenge the status quo
- An undergraduate degree or similar is an advantage
Full time, permanent
Competitive salary, contributory pension, sickness cover, death-in-service (4 times salary) cover and a share option scheme.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Garvan Cerasi on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application to this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/