EHS Officer (Logistics) Dublin North
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Dublin North
- Dublin North
Health & Safety Officer
Our client, a leading Freight and Logistics Company now requires an experienced Health & Safety Officer to oversee the implementation and continuous compliance in all matters pertaining to Environmental Health & Safety. Reporting to the Lean Change Manager, you will be responsible for the following;
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning and implementation of Health & Safety systems across all company warehouses.
- Update and maintain Health and Safety procedures and the Site Safety Statement in compliance with Regulatory requirements.
- Ensure thorough investigation of the circumstances and causes of all significant incidents, reportable accidents, dangerous occurrences and major property damage.
- Champion New initiatives to improve the health and safety culture through training and awareness campaigns and use of H&S champions.
- Ensure that safety audits are carried out in conjunction with the Warehouse Managers and Supervisors in each site, to inspect and check warehouse, processes, procedures & practices.
- Conduct and implement programs relating to risk assessments in conjunction with Seachange findings.
- Ensure that there is a H&S involvement in pre-start up safety reviews and equipment safety checks to identify relevant safety items, check all documentation routinely in order in both warehouses.
- Review and revise employee, visitor and contractor safety induction programs in both main reception and entry points at warehouses.
- Establish a series of effective H&S KPI’s for company sites.
- Provide a Training Strategy around Induction, Refresher and Manual Handling and Fire Safety Awareness Training as required
- Represent the Company during outside Audits/Inspections and liaise as required with the Health & Safety Authority
- Establish, coordinate and manage a Health and Safety committee for the company and ensure regular monthly meetings
- Support operationally the management of our Companies various facilities
- Supply the SMT within the Company with quarterly statistics and safety KPI performance
- Keeping up to date with new legislation
- Passing of invoices on company Invoice approval system
- 3rd Level education in Environment, Health and Safety or related discipline
- Professional accreditation/membership of recognised an Environmental, Health and Safety body
- Experience in leading and carrying out Risk Assessments
- Previous experience within a logistics company is valuable but not essential
- Strong interpersonal skills: excellent communication skills
- A positive attitude with ability to motivate H&S champions across the Company
- Strong level of numeracy, literacy and Microsoft Office skills
- Strong Presentation skills
- Attention to detail and conformance with defined procedures
- Positive Can Do attitude
- Continuous strive for excellence
Terms: Permanent, Full-time
Package: Negotiable but approximtaly €40-€45,000 basic salary + package
Should you match the above requirements please email your CV to [email protected] - you will be contacted and presented with further information, your details will not be submitted without you express permission and confirmed interest in both the role and company.
Please note that your application to this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/
Logiskills are leading recruitment specialists for the manufacturing, freight & logistics industries. Roles we typically recruit for include; air, sea and road freight forwarding; warehouse; distribution; transport; logistics; supply chain; materials; purchasing; procurement; engineering; manufacturing; production; finance; accountant; customer service; admin; accounts; coordination; clerk; agent; supervisor; manager; management