Financial Controller - Global Logistics, Dublin
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Dublin North
- Dublin North
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join a Global Logistics company. Based in Dublin, you will have overall Financial Accounts responsibility for the Irish Operation.
The Financial Controller is an influential and integral part of the Management Team and will report directly into the MD of Ireland. The successful candidate will effect continuous improvement while also being the companies key person to lead measures to ensure successful financial performance, superior corporate governance and internal business controls. You will relish the opportunity to lead and develop a motivated and skilled finance team. This role will also communicate with the CFO in the European Headquarters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the finance team and finance department activities in Ireland.
- Lead, develop and motivate a finance team of ten members.
- Preparation of monthly and year-end financial accounts for several separate legal entities.
- Lead the annual budgeting process for Ireland successfully and on time with all stakeholders.
- Coordinate and manage both internal and external company audits as required for finance and the business as a whole, in Ireland.
- Proactive communication across the business and stakeholders using financial information to challenge and influence to support company objectives.
- Coordinate and monitor detailed reporting and submissions regarding financial performance, statutory and regulatory accounts as required.
- Ensure strong internal controls in place to mitigate business risk. Partaking in any projects associated with the role.
- KPI creation and management
- Set targets for the successful supervision of both accounts payable and receivable with the relevant team members with a high focus on cash flow and KPI's.
Experience and Skills Required:
- 10 years+ financial experience including 6 years post qualified experience in Finance.
- People management experience in a similar role. (3 years+ desirable)
- Experienced user of SAP
- The successful candidate will have completed an internationally recognized accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, ACA,)
- Demonstrated Leadership skills which are operational, tactical and strategic in nature.
- Experience training a trainee in ACCA.
- Demonstrated experience in adhering to and continuously improving the finance policies and procedures within the team/ company.
- Experience of working within an international company/ Group reporting.
- Skilled influencer and relationship builder both in the local entity and the wider business group.
- A self-starter with the ability to independently and proactively manage upcoming deliverables.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with experience in developing, consolidating and maintaining finance models.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ensure department culture supporting MVV (Mission, Vision, Values and Golden Rules)
- Lean qualification/experience desirable but not essential.
Excellent Package on Offer
Please note that your application to this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/