Freight Forwarding Operations Manager, Dub North
- LSR5700 - WFO
- Freight Forwarding
- Dublin North
Our client, a leading provider of global logistics and freight forwarding services, now seeks to hire a Freight Forwarding Operations Manager for their office based in Dublin North.
The purpose of the role is to ensure their customers are highly satisfied with the service provided and that their needs are clarified internally to all relevant departments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Achieve operational targets in line with budgetary constraints.
- Select, train, motivate, appraise, develop and manage personnel to achieve total customer
- Ensure the optimal use of resources, both internal and external maximizing cost-effectiveness and maintaining service levels while continually seeking alternative methods to improve service levels.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and relationships with Staff, customers and suppliers.
- Facilitate an awareness and accomplish budgets and targets set within the division
- Identify, fulfil and review training and development needs of all subordinates within the department, through the formal appraisal process and on an ongoing basis.
- Effectively manage resources through assessment of workloads and delegation of tasks in order to meet deadlines and business objectives.
- To negotiate contract buy rates on a local basis with major ocean and airline carriers both for import and exports.
- Ensure problems and or difficulties which arise are dealt with promptly and in a professional business like manner.
- A proven track record in Air & Road operations is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have 5 years work related experience.
- Forwarding or relevant trade qualification desirable.
- Extremely customer focused with the ability to problem solve and make decisions in the best interest of the business.
- Ability to remain focused in a pressurised work environment.
- Strong problem solving, planning and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Be a team player with the right insight to motivate others and encourage change where necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal & administration skills with strong attention to detail.
- Effective people management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within/outside the business.
- Be computer literate with a strong level of I.T. skills.
- Possess a full driving licence.
€ Neg DOE
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact
Wesley Fitzgibbon on 01-8326330 /[email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/