Established global logistics company seeks an experienced Global Forwarding Planner. The successful candidate must have multi-model experience within the logistics and supply chain industry. The job purpose is to coordinate the transport operations of the Global Forwarding Business in order to achieve business objectives and the needs of the Customers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To cost-effectively plan and dispatch orders as required for a variety of customers both domestic, European and Global.
- Transport modes include Air, Sea and Road. Experience in all types is essential.
- Knowledge of Customs arrangements is preferable.
- Operational management of allocated customer accounts.
- Ensure customer accounts are maintained in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
- To ensure all administrative traffic duties are carried out as necessary and to a high level of accuracy and professionalism.
- Responsibility for initiating payment of supplier invoices.
- To assist in weekly and monthly KPI as set by the business and/or Customer.
- Ensure that appropriate communication methods are used to provide information both internally and externally as required e.g. Dealing with customer/supplier issues etc.
- To identify and highlight to management any potential improvement opportunities
- Customer Service Focused
- Previous experience within the Transport / Logistic business
- IT Literate
- Work well within a team as well as been able to work on their own initiative
Full time, permanent, office-based, Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30 or similar with on-Call Mobile on a shared rotation once a week every four weeks
€30,000 - €35,000 (DOE)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact David Donegan on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs