Global Forwarding Planner now required by an established South Dublin logistics company. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will coordinate the transport operations of the Global Forwarding Business in order to achieve business objectives and the needs of the Customer.
- To cost-effectively plan and dispatch orders as required for a variety of customers both domestic,
- European and Global
- Transport modes include Air, Sea and Road. Experience in all types is essential
- Knowledge of Customs arrangements is preferable
- Operational management of allocated customer accounts
- Ensure customer accounts are maintained in line with Standard Operating Procedures
- To ensure all administrative traffic duties are carried out as necessary and to a high level of accuracy and professionalism
- Responsibility for generating customer invoices by use of the system
- Responsibility for initiating payment of supplier invoices
- To assist in weekly and monthly KPI as set by the business and/or Customer
- To use all IT based system in the effective delivery of their role
- Ensure that appropriate communication methods are used to provide information both internally and externally as required e.g. Dealing with customer / supplier issues etc.
- To identify and highlight to management any potential improvement opportunities
- To demonstrate the Company Values in the undertaking of their role
Knowledge / Skills:
- Previous relevant multi-modal forwarding experience within a busy Freight or Logistics business
- Strong customer service focus
- Organised and logical thinker
- Works well under pressure and can prioritise workload
- IT Literate
- Works well within a team as well as being able to work on your own initiative
Full time, permanent, Working Hours are 09:00 – 17:30 or similar Monday – Friday with an On-Call mobile on a shared rota once after 1 month.
€Neg. basic with bonus and pension
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Garvan Cerasi on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/