Global Logistics Planner, Dublin North
- Freight Forwarding
- Dublin North
- Dublin North
Global Logistics company now requires an experienced Logistics Coordinator with Multi-Modal Operations and Customs Clearance experience in Dublin North.
This role’s main focus is on the ‘transactional’ elements of shipments being handled for Import, Export and Cross-Trade traffic.
Based on instructions received from customers the Global Logistics Planner is responsible for ensuring all planned activities, based on the business rules and requirements are completed to cost, quality and time. This will involve receiving instructions by email or phone, booking with Airlines and Shipping Lines, creating Airway bills, Bills of Lading, tracking shipments, updating systems and spreadsheets, loading consignment costs from agreed rate structures on to business software, invoicing customer and completions customs import entries.
- Achieving customer delivery dates through ocean and air freight
- Timely progress and information updates
- Internal and external customer satisfaction
- Cost Accrual to business software
- Invoicing customers through business software
- Import and Export customs entries
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers ensuring that they are kept informed and updated at all times
- Ensure effective communications within Managed Solutions team
- Coordination of all supply chain activities
- Vendor management
- Export & Import document creation, validation, consolidation and distribution
- Communication of instructions to Service providers
- Communication of Pre-advice to customers and agents
- Customs export declaration
- Transport organisation
- Customer delivery booking
- Incoming scanned Document Receipt & Distribution
- Original document Receipt & Distribution
- Customs entry / clearance
- Progress and Information Status Updates
- Exceptions – responding to exceptions and alerts. Resolution or escalation to appropriate person.
- Ideally all of Air-freight, Ocean freight, import and export, including experience of all related documentation such as AWBs, BOLs, Import entries
- Ocean Freight Forwarding Operations experience is essential
- Customs HS Tariff knowledge
- 4PL Logistics experience
- Experience of working with Dangerous Goods
- Cross trade shipments
- Working with overseas agents
- Knowledge of Forwarding systems and Import Entiores.
- Commercial awareness
- Numerical skills
- Innovative and resourceful
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer focus
- Good team player
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and work under pressure and to deadlines
- Flexible approach to daily tasks and work load
Terms: Permanent Monday - Friday
Package: Excellent Negotiable salary, Pension, Life Assurance, 25 days holidays etc ….
Please note that your application to this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts athttps://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/
Please do not apply for this vacancy unless you meet the minimum pre-requisite requirements as our clients have instructed us that they do not wish to receive applications from candidates that do not meet the minimum requirements.
Logiskills are leading recruitment specialists for the manufacturing, freight & logistics industries. Roles we typically recruit for include; air, sea and road freight forwarding; warehouse; distribution; transport; logistics; supply chain; materials; purchasing; procurement; engineering; manufacturing; production; finance; accountant; customer service; admin; accounts; coordination; clerk; agent; supervisor; manager; management