Excellent opportunity within a Monaghan based, European muti-site organisation for an experienced Distribution Manager with responsibility for European distribution.
The position of Head of European Distribution is a key role within the business supporting the high standards required to meet customer orders and expectations. With a focus on the effective management and continuous improvement of the team, this position requires a confident, motivated individual who has a passion for leading people and achieving success.
Operating within a fast paced and dynamic environment, you will be responsible for the collection and efficient onward distribution of products from all operating centres within Europe as well as onward distribution to retail customers.
We are seeking an experienced senior Distribution Manager with a background in a multi-site operation in the FMCG industry and a strong understanding of the supply chain. You should be a confident, performance-driven Manager who is commercially aware and able to balance the operational challenges with strategic planning.
- Manage and develop the European Transport teams and ensure accountability at all levels
- Drive the H&S culture within the Transport teams and with hauliers and drivers
- Support the development of Continuous Improvement initiatives in the function
- Use KPI’s to ensure loads fill is maximised and cost is minimised across the distribution network
- Ensure customer delivery times are met without any concern. Loads to be planned without risk to customer service (on time and in full)
- Ensure strong interaction with Supply Chain and Production sites to ensure all plans are achievable
- Oversee customs declarations from EU to UK and UK to EU
- Oversee that payments are reconciled against invoicing
- Lead improvement projects across the Supply Chain division as required
- Involved in negotiating terms with transport providers
Essentials for the Role:
- Build and Develop Teams - Establishes an environment that values and rewards team effort; Builds teams with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives; Encourages frank and open debate; Establishes collective responsibility for goals. Drives capability development in line with future needs; priorities training and development.
- Communication - Builds a culture of two way communication flow; uses communication to create energy and enthusiasm in the business and to inspire commitment. Ensuring strong communication across different functions – Sales/Marketing/Supply/Production/Senior Level Management.
- Plans and Organises – develops plans; clearly and comprehensively cascades plan to the team and ensures ownership and commitment to deliver; uses structured planning techniques
- Manages Performance - Defines goals; develops the plan to achieve goals; drives the performance review process; creates an environment of continuous improvement, where underperformance is unacceptable
- Solves Problems – Considers the whole problem/process when diagnosing problems; thinks on feet when required; solves the root problem; reviews and resolves escalated problems
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Senior Management Distribution role preferably within Fresh Produce or FMCG
- Knowledge of European refrigerated haulage both internal (mainly Dutch/German) and to the UK
- Experience of customs declarations from EU to UK and UK to EU post Brexit
- Supply Chain experience would be beneficial
- Experience of multi-site model would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Driver regulations and experience of managing this
Permanent, full time. Monday to Friday
Excellent package on offer, dependent on experience.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Wesley Fitzgibbon on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs