A leading company in supplying and re-defining refrigeration equipment, is looking for a Head of Procurement to join their senior Management team.
If you are an experienced procurement professional who is energetic, highly organised, a self-starter, competitive and passionate about what you do then this is a fantastic opportunity for you to advance your career with a global leader in commercial white goods sector.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, The Head of Procurement will provide leadership for all strategic procurement activities. The successful candidate will have responsibility for all direct procurement activities across the organisation to support manufacturing.
Key Accountabilities for the role
- Manage a global supply base
- Develop best in class strategic sourcing strategies in line with market and commodity trends in order to optimise supply chains.
- Lead contract strategies for suppliers and create, negotiate, monitor and enforce where applicable, bring new suppliers online.
- Develop Strategies in relation to Supply chain Risk Management
- Deliver significant cost reductions for direct purchases.
- Develop processes to determine buy or make analysis.
- New product development, lead supplier selection, collaborate with cross-functional teams for successful implementation.
- Will Lead Project Teams and have full responsibility for managing Strategic Business Suppliers & Contract Manufactures
- Implementing stock control policies and measurements
Desired Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Management, or a related field.
- LEAN Qualification
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Procurement or Supply Chain Management role
- Manufacturing Procurement
- A highly organised, passionate self-starter with an ability to manage multiple projects.
- Can demonstrate a proven background in delivering cost reduction programmes
- A strong negotiator.
- International souring experience
- Supplier Management experience
- In-depth Knowledge of supply chain management tools and techniques
- Strong analytical skills, ability to plan, organize, and lead.
- Excellent PC Literacy (Microsoft & ERP Systems).
- Excellent Business & financial acumen with demonstrated competence in managing budgets.
- Excellent Communication and Influencing skills
International travel will be required
Terms: Full Time Permanent
If you wish to receive the whole job specification or for a confidential discussion on this opportunity please contact Jennifer Costello on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs