Inside Sales Coordinator (Shipping) - Dublin Port
- LSR5736 - DLN1
- Dublin Port
- Dublin City Centre, Dublin North
Dublin based International Shipping Line now have an exciting opportunity for an Inside Sales Coordinator (Shipping). Working closely with the Sales Manager you will develop business, meet targets and provide competitive rate quotations to customers.
This position will act as a key focal point to develop and increase volumes, manage agreements and resolve disputes for all commercial departments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accept ex -works bookings from customers and co-ordinate with overseas offices to ensure shipment is coordinated.
- Provide quality customer service skills via telephone, email and face to face.
- Strong Account Management to develop new and organic growth.
- Customer satisfaction levels to be maintained/enhanced to ensure business growth and cross-selling opportunities are created.
- Liaise closely with Head Office Trade teams to secure competitive pricing to develop volumes.
- Achieve set budget for annual volume growth for all trade lanes.
- Provide rate quotations and follow up on previous quotations to obtain business.
- Data monitoring of statistical data for Trade/Area and internal/external teams.
- Updating the rate matrix to support external teams
- Maintain thorough knowledge of internal systems & services, as well as legislation & maritime regulations.
- Build a good rapport with BDM’s, internal departments, trade and overseas agencies to receive the best outcome for our customers.
- Maintain customer relationships to ensure volume targets are met by way of regular meetings/conference calls.
- Support ongoing processes and procedures; including changes due to implementation of improvement strategies.
- Produce Ad Hoc reporting and investigation for the management team.
- Quarterly external customer visits based on top 10 accounts/ pipeline opportunities.
- Updating CRM system with Customer visits and ensuring all relevant departments are aware of any specific service requirements.
- Identify trends and establish reasons for lost business and whether the volumes can be secured for future shipments.
- Should the customer have any complaints, then a professional manner is required in handling the situation and to provide solutions to meet customer’s expectations. If needed this can be escalated.
- Represent and promote the company at external functions and exhibitions.
Skills & Experience
- Educated to Leaving Cert level minimum with grade C or above in English and Mathematics (Essential)
- Shipping and Sales experience (Preferred)
- Good knowledge of shipping process, procedures, rules & regulations
- Computer literate and capable of producing reports and analysis of data.
- Understanding of quotations/tenders for specific customer requirements.
- Attention to detail
- Good telephone manner and email etiquette
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience in Account Management
- Capability to work under pressure
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated & excellent organisation skills
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Team Player
- Adaptable to customer requirements.
- Strong sales and customer service skills
€Neg - depending on experience plus 25 days annual leave, Health Plan Contribution, Life Assurance and Contributory Group Pension
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Danielle Lynch on 01-8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/