Logistics and Warehouse Manager - Kildare 50-58k
- Warehousing & Transport
- Dublin West, Kildare
Main purpose of Job:
- To ensure that the operation is managed efficiently and professionally to meet the company requirements and that key KPIs are met and challenged on a daily/weekly basis
- To ensure that the site meets the customer & company requirements while maintaining the site stringent H&S, Security and legal requirements.
- Delivery of Key Performance Indicators in accordance with business and contractual needs.
- Effective leadership and management of the warehouse operational team.
- Delivery of a safe, secure, clean and fair working environment for all team members.
- Team building and morale management throughout entire site and operation.
- Select, train, motivate, appraise, develop and manage personnel to achieve total customer focus.
- Maximising operational performance including pick accuracy, productivity, efficiency and space utilisation.
- Drive the continuous improvement culture under 6 sigma techniques and utilise the resources and skills in-house
- Ensure all customer requests and contract requirements are managed appropriately.
- Successful completion and achievement of set operational targets, coupled with implementation of cost-cutting techniques.
- Continuous monitoring and maintaining of entire workforce – people management, review of absenteeism levels, staff turnover, operational costs etc.
- Work with the team in scheduling the workload and in rostering the staff for the business peaks
- Develop positive relationships with key customer contacts.
- Involvement in the budgetary & commercial processes
- Ensure compliance across all areas (Inventory, Security, Health & Safety and HR)
- Ensure first class customer service is always delivered and enable and motivate team members to ensure timely resolution and services to drive performance improvements
- Regular audits of areas, procedures, working practices, and supporting the team uncovering, root causing and solving operational performance trends
- Minimum of 7-10 years relevant experience in a managerial role
- Degree in Management or relevant business field would be advantageous
- Exceptional people management and customer support skills with demonstrated experience of managing people in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Proven track record in problem-solving and working under pressure
- Proficiency in use of MS Office programs, Supply chain or inventory management applications.
- The ability to multitask and ensure targets are met and projects are carried out to high standard
- Excellent communication, organisation and administration skills
- Resilient, flexible and pro-active attitude with strong commercial awareness
- Ability to introduce new ideas / initiatives
- Understanding of health, safety and quality practices advantageous
- Analytical background and ability to understand financial implications of decision making
- Experience in driving best practice and process improvements
- Flexibility required supporting business requirements.
Salary: €50,000 - €58,000
Hours of work: Am shift
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact David Donegan on 8326330 / [email protected]
Please do not apply for this vacancy unless you meet the minimum prerequisite requirements as our clients have instructed us that they do not wish to receive applications from candidates that do not meet the minimum requirements.
To keep in touch with the latest industry news follow us on Twitter or Facebook Logiskills are leading recruitment specialists for the manufacturing, freight & logistics industries. Roles we typically recruit for include; air, sea and road freight forwarding; warehouse; distribution; transport; logistics; supply chain; materials; purchasing;procurement; engineering; manufacturing; production; finance; accountant; customer service; admin; accounts; coordination; clerk; agent; supervisor; manager; management.