West Dublin based Ocean Freight Forwarder, now seeks to hire an experienced Ocean freight forwarder. The successful applicant will join a fast-paced environment and will be required to think on their feet and have good attention to detail. Teamwork is essential for success in this role.
- Minimum of year years recent relevant experience in ocean freight operations.
- Be confident in dealing with overseas suppliers and clients, arranging and monitoring shipments, deliveries, customs clearance, and documentation.
- Demonstrate a consistently high level of customer service & professionalism.
- Be experienced in meeting deadlines, prioritising tasks and taking ownership for your workload.
- Customs clearance experience is preferred but not essential (training can be provided)
- Foster and develop good relations with both existing and potential customers to ensure retention and growth.
- Liaise with carriers and overseas partners to ensure the department is proactive in providing a quality operational performance.
- Delivery and collection scheduling and dealing with carriers / subcontractors and third parties.
- Ownership and management of dedicated traffic lanes.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the role to ensure full ownership.
- Deal with all customer phone sales and/or customer queries.
- Ensure that all tariffs are kept up to date on the system.
- Maintaining and / or implementing good working practices & procedures to ensure that departments run efficiently and with professionalism.
- Ensuring timely and effective communication of Rate changes to customers.
- Timely Billing and accruing of shipments within the companies guidelines.
- Ensuring that the companies Quality guidelines are met on an ongoing basis.
- Active involvement with sales/Customer Services / Management to highlight areas of concern and feedback on crucial information.
- Customs Clearance formalities in line with Department guidelines.
- Minimum 3 years recent Ocean Freight Forwarding experience within a busy European forwarding market
- Customs clearance knowledge
- A 3rd level qualification in Transport / Logistics, FIATA Diploma or International CPC would be desirable.
- An excellent customer-centric attitude towards business and a good communicator.
- A hands-on approach with the ability to maintain priorities and deadlines.
- IT literate with experience of freight management and customs software.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands.
Full time, permanent
€Neg. basic with bonus and pension
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Garvan Cerasi on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/