Ocean Freight Forwarder - Dublin West
- Warehousing & Transport
- Dublin West
- € 28000 - € 35000
- Dublin West
A Global Supply Chain Leader with facilities in more than 80 countries dedicated to Freight Forwarding & Supply Chain solutions now has an opening for an Ocean Freight Forwarder.
Purpose of the job
To meet and exceed customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo from A to B, effectively and in accordance with company quality procedures and statutory requirements. Competent full operational control of client accounts to ensure SLA / SOPs are adhered to.
- Accepting & processing export and cross trade bookings.
- Ensuring correct documentation is processed.
- Ocean schedule milestone checks to ensure shipments travelled as booked.
- Customs clearance.
- Verifying and approving Trade & Inter Company invoices.
- Negotiate service/rates with approved hauliers.
- Invoicing and Filing.
- General administrative duties.
- Efficient resolution of operational problems/invoice queries.
Skill & Competencies:
- At least 1-2 years’ industry experience.
- Excellent problem solving, planning & organising skills.
- Excellent communication/telephone skills.
- Strong administrative and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure using own initiative.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word.
Our Client has a principal goal to improve quality, health & safety and environmental sustainability within our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work-related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact David Donegan on (01) 832 6330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/