Leading international logistics company now seek to hire an experienced ocean freight forwarder with supervisory or management experience for the role of Ocean Freight Manager. The primary purpose of the role is to be responsible for the ocean freight department in the branch, to impact the organisation by managing and coordinating ocean freight operatives and operations for inbound/outbound ocean transportation.
- Data Quality
- Adherence to company Guidelines
- External & Internal Audits
- Actioning any operational items following results from QBR’s/Audits
- Ensure the department is adequately staffed to meet the productivity and quality targets.
- Communicate product developments, pricing, contract, etc changes to station teams
- Support ocean freight operations teams in industry related questions/requirements (point of escalation) and also support sales initiatives/sales staff in gaining or retaining clients
- Participation in management meetings/development of the branch going forward.
- Maintain a relationship with principal carriers and other main suppliers in helping to achieve growth
- To ensure all customers (internal and external) are serviced in a professional manner.
- Build upon existing client relationships with regular visits & attendance/participation at QBR’s
- Staff Development
- Ensure all ocean freight staff receive adequate training in all systems, policies, procedures and practices.
- Annual reviews with all staff to include training programmes for further development.
- Be a mentor to each of the staff in assisting and encouraging them to look for innovative ways of performing their function more productively
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sea freight operations supervision/management
- Strong ocean freight operations experience
- An appropriate professional qualification or training in Logistics or Management
- Proven people management skills.
- Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office
Full time, permanent
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Aisling Tighe on 021 233 9200 / 086 026 8784 or [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/