Operations Manager - Cavan
- Warehousing & Transport
Long established Midlands based Haulage company now seek to hire an Operations Manager. The client employs up to 95 drivers operating 80 Units with 300 Trailers destined to/from Europe.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Reporting to: Operations Director.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assessing potential employees driving ability,
- Ensuring that Health & Safety guidelines are adhered to at all times,
- Maintaining all related documentation including, driver licenses, training certificates, insurance, DOE and taxation documents.
- Investigate all accidents and claims against the company as per set procedures,
- Daily planning of our routes to maximise our fleet potential,
- Preparing wages for all employees and subcontractors,
- Reconciling of Subcontractor invoices,
- Preparing the invoices for our 2 largest accounts and cross-matching PO to ensure payment on time and correct,
- Set up of new accounts for service providers for the whole business,
- Dealing with our off-site accountant to provide her with the necessary details to
ensure Revenue deadlines are adhered too,
- Dealing with finance providers to arrange finance for purchase of vehicles,
- Fleet control: Control of fleet maintenance for 60 vehicles
- Control & maintenance of the companies Haulage Licence to ensure we are
compliant with Dept of Transport rules and regulations,
- Any other Ad-hoc duties that are required,
- A minimum of 3 years similar experience is required within a large transport
- Good knowledge of Transport regulations (i.e. Tachograph and Driving Regulations),
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Very good PC and communication skills i.e. MS Excel, Word, Email etc.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- A flexible attitude to work, customer focused, detail oriented with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Flexibility to work out of hours as and when required at several locations.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact David Donegan on (01) 832 6330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/