Production Manager, Food, Cork
- Cork, Cork City
This dynamic and innovative, award-winning Irish food producer is looking to hire a Production Manager for their meat processing facility in Cork. You will have full responsibility for production including management of employees (over 100) and management and planning of production for an efficient, smooth and safe operation.
The role entails:
- Production planning and scheduling
- Manage processes and operations including products quality specs and staff planning.
- Ensure that standards of product quality are achieved while all HACCP procedures and Health & Safety standard are applied
- Carry out reports monitoring process performances. Identify and implement process improvements resulting in better yields, efficiency and cost savings while maintaining product quality.
- Manage production staff planning including scheduling, Health & Safety and HACCP training, maintain good timekeeping, efficiency and good practice within the team.
- Manage and oversee standards for a clean & safe workplace
- Oversee and report maintenance issues
- Communicate & liaise with other departments & functions to implement new procedures.
- Report directly to the site director.
- 5 years minimum work experience in a food production company.
- Proficient in IT
- Knowledgeable and personal interest in the food sector.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to look for improvement in quality & effectiveness, willing to take initiative.
- Team worker who maintains a good and pleasant working atmosphere in the team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team, working with other departments to deliver objectives
- Innovative, Flexible and enthusiastic.
Full Time, Permanent
Depending on experience.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Aisling Tighe on 021 2339200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
Our latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/