Production Planner and Supply Chain Coordinator required for a well known Cavan manufacturer. Reporting to the Head of Division Procurement, you will assist in the operations and processing of their range of products.
- Building forecasting, capacity and scheduling tools to ensure customer delivery and efficient production planning across 4 production lines and various material substrates.
- Understanding intrinsically the need of customers
- Collating customer orders and forecasts from both internal and external Customers and forming an effective and efficient production plan
- Production scheduling and planning for all four lines
- Purchasing material and other components for the facility.
- Co-ordinating delivery and stock management.
- Liaising with Internal Customers on their requirements, identifying opportunities for them and the production facility to gain efficiencies in the supply chain.
- Assist in the preparation of BOMs and ensure systems are updated with accurate costs
- Place purchase orders to meet the production plan and manage stock of main material resins and other critical manufacturing materials.
- Manage procurement reports, indices, contract administration, rebate monitoring and other procurement functions as required.
- To provide cover for other office functions as necessary
General Duties and Responsibilities;
- To establish and develop strong relationships with colleagues and internal customers. Look to understand their business requirements and limitations. Be part of the divisional solution to achieve the overall objective of self-supply. To be more than production site planner and reach to be a supply chain champion.
- To establish good relationships with suppliers
- To ensure excellent communication between departments and other divisions
- To establish and maintain simple, clear and thorough records and procedures
- To provide feedback on essential product and production development requirements
- To provide feedback on issues that may affect efficient operations in the region, and address these in a proactive manner
- During the growth phase of the business, to ensure that knowledge is spread across the team for cover during holiday or other absences.
Experience and Knowledge;
- A proven track record in production planning, capacity analysis and forecasting
- Minimum of 5 years experience in production planning and scheduling
- Excellent numeracy skills and use of spreadsheets specifically Excel, with ability to use lookups, macros and pivot tables.
- High level of organisational skills.
- Familiarity with SAP system including purchasing module
- Ability to develop own planning systems and work towards the continual improvement of planning as the business grows.
- Well developed interpersonal skills and excellent telephone manner
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure with good time management
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well without close management
Full time, Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30 or similar
€Neg + Benefits
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Garvan Cerasi on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/