Rigger-Dublin (Temp Contract)
- Dublin City
- € 44000 - € 45000
- Kildare, Dublin City Centre
Rigger required for a premier provider of engineering solutions, technical and crane hire services in Ireland. The client is one of the most significant companies in supplying engineering solutions to both the construction and renewable energy sector.
- Align, level, and anchor machinery.
- Attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving, using hand and power tools.
- Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms, using bolts and clamps.
- Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chainfalls, gin poles, gallows frames, and other equipment.
- Fabricate, set up, and repair rigging, supporting structures, hoists, and pulling gear, using hand and power tools.
- Manipulate rigging lines, hoists, and pulling gear to move or support materials such as heavy equipment, ships, or theatrical sets.
- Select gear such as cables, pulleys, and winches, according to load weights and sizes, facilities, and work schedules.
- Signal or verbally direct workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads, in order to ensure safety of workers and materials.
- Test rigging to ensure safety and reliability.
- Tilt, dip, and turn suspended loads to manoeuvre over, under, and/or around obstacles, using multi-point suspension techniques.
- Minimum 3 years experience working at heights.
- Minimum completion of high school education or equivalent.
- Valid Safe Pass
- Able and willing to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Work well on a team.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to learn quickly and follow instructions carefully.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Nicola Murphy on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
Our latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/