Established freight & logistics provider based in Dublin North are now seeking a experienced Freight Forwarder to assist in road and short sea import/export freight movements. This role will manage and coordinate all forwarding activities for key corporate accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take care of existing clients needs by road and container in and out of Europe.
- Ensure that all transactions are processed timely and accurately in line with company procedures and expectations.
- Foster excellent relationships and services with European agents.
- Maintain and improve existing CRM practices.
- Ensure all agents operate in line with company agreements for service levels and pricing.
- Attend occasional meetings to review supplier performance and pricing.
- Engage with suppliers, where required, to secure prices or services.
- Review new agent opportunities and make recommendations to the senior management team.
- Manage hours and holidays to ensure adequate cover in place when required.
- Comply fully with legislation and industry norms.
- Ensure full compliance with company health and safety policy.
- Supply Chain Management/Transport/freight forwarding experience is an advantage.
- 3rd Level Degree in Transport & Logistics, Business Degree or Industrial Equivalent an advantage but not essential.
- Full comprehension of the English language – both written and spoken along with another European language is desirable but not essential.
- Proven record in a team environment with a demonstrated ability to lead and motivate.
- Ability to operate fluidly and adapt swiftly in a fast-paced and often changeable environment.
- Proven capacity to adopt and promote a teamwork style within departments and across an Organisation.
- Demonstrated relevant sectoral knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in relationship management and strong commercial awareness.
- Dynamic & dedicated with a proven level of high conformance & performance.
- Positive, Can-Do attitude & ability to work as part of a team.
- Computer Literate
€35,000 -€40,000 per year (DOE)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact David Donegan on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application to this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/