Senior Supply Chain Manager - Planning
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- East Cork
This Global pharmaceutical company based in Cork is looking to hire a Senior Supply Chain Manager. The role needs someone who can juggle a strategic outlook with the ability to roll up their sleeves and get on with the job in hand. The close-knit team needs a dynamic person with bags of energy and drive who is used to project management and ideally change management too. The ideal person will be able to work on their own initiative and although this is suitable for a planner, it has more of a focus on supply planning than demand. It's a very fast paced environment so needs someone with the ability to work in fluid environments. Although this is a senior role, the company has a holisitc approach and they employ a flexible approach to peoples' working day.
- Complex problem solving
- Manage operations and may manage staff, depending on the individual.
- Responsible for implementing and providing input to the Demand & Supply planning processes.
- Works on material schedules and coordinates the efficient movement of materials.
- Implementation of Supply Chain policies, procedures, techniques, standards, and systems. Contributes to the development of complex new concepts, techniques and standards.
- Preparation of project plans and manage projects to completion. Anticipate and identify complex project issues which pose a challenge to achieving strategic goals.
- Review planning requirements for business operations.
- Support the execution of supply chain planning initiatives to achieve departmental targets.
- Drive Sales & Operations Planning capability to deliver the highest levels of performance.
- Collaborate with other departments (internal & external), to ensure functional area resources are sufficient to achieve project goals and objectives.
- May recommend and assist with the design, test & integration of new technologies and/or new processes as needed, to increase efficiency & reduce costs.
- May assist in the development of operational functional requirements and business process flow architecture of ERP functions and features, in support of existing and future business plans.
- People and team management
- Project management
- Problem-solving - regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge of business operating systems, distribution requirements planning, production scheduling, Oracle/DB2/Access databases and Microsoft applications (e.g., Excel) as relates to business needs.
- 8+ years experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment.
- Significant experience in a fast moving manufacturing planning environment preferably in pharma/biotech a plus
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing & Supply Chain Class A equivalent environments highly advantageous.
- Proficiency in ERP system software, with emphasis on Operations/Supply Chain functionality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates good planning and organizational skills coupled with strong time management skills.
- Has an aptitude for working with computer systems to plan and manage supply chain requirements.
- Some years of relevant experience in a related field and a BS or BA; or
- Some years of relevant experience and an MA/MBA.
Highly competitive salary plus corporate benefits and bonus.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Aisling Tighe on [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/