Our client, at the forefront of luxury Irish products, is looking to hire an experienced and passionate Senior Warehouse & Logistics Manager based in Cork. They have invested in their technology, data capability and suppliers to ensure their customers are at the heart of what they do. Every aspect of their business is powered by their passion for their producers, their people and their customers.
You will be responsible for the planning, coordinating, and monitoring of the logistics operations as well as warehousing, inventory, transportation, and supply chain processes for their growing online store and stores nationwide.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will take responsibility for their centralised logistics operation to ensure they use technology and data to provide their customers with world-class service. They have a very grounded, inclusive, open, and learning culture and need you to reflect that by being a hands-on manager who will lead and motivate the logistics teams to achieve operational targets and KPI’s.
Using your people management skills, you will drive continuous improvement and encourage efficiencies to provide the best customer experience. This is a senior management position who will work closely with heads of departments, in particular with the Ecommerce team in the areas of project implementation and fulfilment.
This is a fast-paced business in an ever-changing economic landscape and their track record of hiring the best talent has only become stronger. They need an agile, creative individual with strong leadership and influencing skills to join their team. You will be an organised and effective communicator with the ability to adapt and drive organisational performance to help future-proof their business.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a robust operations solution to meet the ambitious growth plans of the business.
- Develop a clear and well-communicated optimisation plan for the warehouse and logistics operation, aiming for world-class service provision.
- Developing a culture of continuous improvement in safety and operational KPI's.
- Develop a compliance strategy is developed and implemented.
- Improving overall efficiency and monitoring cost.
- Leading the planning, receipt, handling, and dispatch of goods.
- Lead and Develop the team to achieve objectives and targets, through ongoing feedback and performance reviews.
- Succession planning design to adapt to the evolving needs of the business and the career aspirations of the team.
- Oversee accurate inventory management through effective use of cycle counting and other stock control measures.
- Plan future capacity requirements, through close liaison with other key teams and Direct reports.
- Manage and maintain relationships with courier services and freight forwarders, developing and maintaining service level agreements.
- Excellent warehouse operations leadership experience, including team management and growth.
- Strong supply chain experience, including design and implementation of improved methodologies.
- Strong P&L and budgetary management experience.
- Health and safety, fire officer, first aid training and forklift certificated.
- Excellent communication skills and an inspirational leader.
- An innovative approach to both planning and problem-solving.
- Ability to proactively meet and exceed both company and customer needs through a best in class logistics service.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Aisling Tighe on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/