Transport Planner - Dublin West
- Warehousing & Transport
- Dublin West
- € 30000 - € 35000
- Dublin West, Dublin City Centre
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced transport planner. Our client one of Ireland’s fastest growing supply chain management companies needs a transport planner to join their growing team.
To create and communicate the transport delivery and collection requirements
of all Dublin depots customers at the required cost and service targets through a panel of approved subcontractors.
- Create and develop delivery routes that meet both customer requirements and the companies gross profit targets.
- Perform daily route planning adjustments to account for volume fluctuations and changes.
- Ensure that daily plans are understood and communicated to all internal and external stakeholders – Customers, Hauliers, Warehouse.
- Investigate all delivery non-conformances, identify the root cause and implement corrective actions to prevent reoccurrences.
- Customer relationship building- including daily communication with customer service.
- Work closely with subcontractors, customers and internal warehouses to ensure deliveries and collections are completed and all queries are resolved to the customer's satisfaction in a timely manner.
- Manage the planning inputs and outputs of the TMS system ensuring that all jobs are recorded with the correct price and delivery information.
- Manage the workload of the transport clerks when required
- Generate and publish planning reports / KPI’s as required
- Monitor UK/Ireland ferry services and react to any potential service delays or disruptions.
- Act as the primary contact for subcontract relationships and performance management
Hours of work
The hours of work have not been set in stone, I have been informed that it will predominantly be a day shift (Monday - Friday 9 - 5:30/6). They have said that there may be the need for some weekend and evening work from time to time. They believe as the role develops there may be an option to do remote work.
€30,000 - €35,000 (DOE)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact David Donegan on (01) 832 6330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/