Leading specialist logistics provider in operation for over 40 years is now on the lookout for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to join their team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To organise and carry out shift functions and to requests from the management team as required
- All warehouse security processes to be maintained
- Ensure all warehouse activities are conducted and completed in a professional and business-like manner with appropriate levels of personnel and maximum utilisation of resources
- Ensure keys are removed from all vehicles while loading/unloading on dock levellers and loading bay process followed at all times
- Effect accurate checking & scanning in and out of orders and accurate loading and manifesting of all outbound vehicles
- Checking all freight is accounted for at all times in the warehouse.
- Identify and investigate discrepancies and report to management as appropriate
- Use of the warehouse management system to manage goods in and out
- Measuring and cubing all freight arriving into the warehouse and amending the paperwork accordingly
- The smooth and effective loading/unloading of vehicles in the yard
- Responsible person on shift for reporting, elevating and responding to operations as required.
- Ensure appropriate levels of supervision of staff is achieved
- To be involved in any task that may be required by management to improve the utilisation or service improvements of the operation.
- Minimum of 1 years supervisory experience working in a similar environment
- Must hold an up-to-date Reached Forklift License
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to oversee the day to day operations in the warehouse and ensure daily tasks are delegated and completed
- Working knowledge of computerised systems, warehouse functions.
- Self-motivated with good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team and be accountable for tasks and actions
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Flexibility to do shift work including weekends
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Awareness of Health & Safety issues.
- Own transport essential
€35-40,000 per year
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact David Donegan on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs