Account Manager (Freight/Logistics) Dublin North
- Freight Forwarding
- Dublin North
- Meath, Dublin North
International 3PL now seek to hire an experienced Account Manager. You will develop, maintain and measure world-wide activity for selected accounts as well as managing all aspects of the relationship with the accounts to achieve optimum business retention and development.
You will maintain ownership of existing identified house accounts, to improve the level of customer service, while increasing business opportunities.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Strengthen relationships with existing house accounts.
- Penetrate organisational structure for house accounts and develop relationships at all levels beyond the main point of contact.
- Understand customers’ business and strategy and our role with the customer.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and follow up.
- Communicate service issues to Department Managers/Supervisors.
- Identify opportunities and grow business from existing house accounts.
- Involve sales and operations at appropriate times.
- Share weekly schedule with all Departments to help coordinate and participate in joint account visits.
- Continually seek improvement in procedures and services to create more efficient and cost-effective operations.
- Assume lead responsibility for the efficient delivery of all local (branch) services.
- Assist, and if needed, spearhead problem resolution for issues outside of the local branch.
- Meet with the local customers to maintain customer information and satisfaction.
- Be dedicated to the success of the company and the program using ethical business practices, personal commitment, passion and sacrifice, and an obsession with the fundamental details of running the business!
- Min 2-3 years of recent Freight Sales or Account Management experience with the Freight Forwarding industry in Ireland.
- Strong communicator with proven ability to negotiate and influence
- Excellent understanding of worldwide freight and Logistics
- Ability to multitask and work in a deadline orientated, international environment
- Ability to create/write customer requirements clearly for use by the Operations Team.
- Knowledge of operating systems as well as excellent PC skills including word processing, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and proven interpersonal skills.
Permanent, Full-time, Mon – Friday
Base salary, Bonus, Healthcare, Pension etc….
Please note that your application to this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/