Assist Manager with all aspects of the Air Freight Export Department, while ensuring the proper and timely movement of freight, while providing exceptional customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Split docs & Check-ins.
- Monitor compliance at all times to regulations. This includes internal policies and procedures such as Operational Process Standards (OPS) and external government regulations or customer policies/requirements.
- Understand department process flow, constantly looking for areas of improved efficiency.
- Ensure all customers standard operating procedures are followed as per the DLSOP
- Ensure the system reports including but not limited to the below list are utilized at the level of frequency mentioned in order to effectively supervise operations:
- Daily Status Exception Report - STAT1 (Daily)
- Shipment Transit Log Report - TRNRPT (Daily)
- Consolidation Report - CONRPT (weekly - if not feeding a gateway for the majority of freight and monthly - if using primarily a gateway)
- Shipment Summary Report - SHSUM (monthly)
- Route Activity Report - RARRPT (monthly or more frequent as needed)
- Aged Warehouse Status Report – STAT3 (at least weekly)
- Support the manager in the following areas:
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with vendors (airlines, trucking companies, and others)
- Working to be our vendors lowest cost customer promoting market solutions.
- Evaluating vendors at defined intervals per company policy, focusing on areas of possible improvement with corrective action plans where needed.
- 2 -5 years of industry-specific air freight export experience and ideally with a FIATA qualification.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detailed Knowledge of Irish Customs Procedures
- Effective Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to relate to customers and internal employees at all levels
- Ability to motivate and work in a fast-moving, pressurized environment
- Previous experience with Word, Excel, Windows, Email & other PC based Software
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Nicola Murphy on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
Our latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs