Established Freight Forwarding company based in Dublin 11 now require an experienced Air Ocean Freight Operations Clerk. You will be a key team member within the forwarding team in the coordination of freight to meet our customer requirements. Responsible for organising the Air Ocean transportation of freight between set destinations using either internal or 3rd party resources. The Core Company Values are;
- Treat others the way you wish to be treated and with respect
Always be honest and do the right thing
Doing the job well and always looking for ways to improve
Taking pride in your daily work. Take pride in what you do.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Customer Order Booking
- Quotations-General rate and spot quotations
- Liaising with the shipping lines / Airlines
- Dealing with incoming correspondence
- Dealing with telephone queries – both inbound and outbound
- Dealing with Hauliers for container traction in/out
- Inputting charges and accruals on the TMS.
- Producing Bills of Lading, Advice of Deliveries, Advice of arrivals, and any other shipping related documents.
- Cutting AWBs
- Sending Pre alerts to receiving agents
- Liaising with airline handlers for collections / deliveries.
- Keeping customers updated on any delays change of arrival dates etc.
- General Administrative Duties within the Department.
- You may be required to carry out any other reasonable duties within your capabilities should the needs of the company require it.
- Responsible for all relevant KPI’s – ensuring they are as per Customer SLAs and that TATs are met.
- Provide input on solutions to any system/process problems that may arise and input on improving processes.
- Look for opportunities for efficiency and innovation to discuss with your manager
- Minimum of three years’ air ocean experience in a freight forwarding role
- Strong customer service skills
- Proactive and commercial approach
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and develop strong working relationships internally and externally
- Able to work to deadlines and meet the demands of the role
- Ability to multi-task with a calm and flexible approach
- Ability to effectively prioritise work and operate in an organised manor
- Enthusiasm to learn and to progress through experience and training
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision within broad guidelines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Sean Lennon on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs