Associate Director, IT
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Cork, Cork City
This role, with a global pharmaceutical in East Cork, will sit in commercial manufacturing operations and supply chain. You must have a background in pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging with good working knowledge of MES deployments and integration with plant systems or corporate systems, such as ERP, LIMS etc. You will identify improvements and ensure successful business adoption of enabling technology and solutions. You will create value by enabling IT to achieve business outcomes and strategic goals.
You will also be responsible for outcomes of program execution, as well as facilitating business continuity activities in partnership with program management, development and infrastructure and operations.
- Collaborate with the business to identify new opportunities and innovative solutions to enable business capabilities.
- Be a true advocate for future Digital enablement.
- Identify business demand, critical objectives and use of Data Analytics to develop business strategies and capabilities, technology roadmaps, IT Strategic plans, and portfolio management. Includes participating and leading business and IT process improvements leveraging Six Sigma.
- Collaborate with the business and technology teams across the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including solution architecture and selection, functional requirements and gap analysis, testing execution and summary documentation.
- Identification, mapping and re-engineering of business processes and work-streams leveraging industry tools and methodologies including Six Sigma.
- Ensure effective and timely collaboration and communications with key partners across the business and Information Technology areas.
- Collaboration with the Program Management Office for establishing plans, schedules, resource demands, and ensuring adherence for business adoption, project scope, resourcing and funding.
- Ensure activities, projects and services are in alignment to regulatory guidelines and compliance, corporate policies and departmental procedures including the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Engage partners across IT to ensure effective design, planning and delivery.
- Develop detailed business requirement specifications from high-level business concepts
- Collaborate with Business Solution Architect to develop solution alternatives for business requirements and ensure alignment with IT Enterprise Architecture
- Understand and be able to navigate the IT function, including engagement of program management, delivery, infrastructure and innovation teams
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or life sciences discipline is required. An advanced degree would be advantageous.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a client-facing role with demonstrated experience working in or supporting Pharmaceutical Research & Development.
- Proven experience operating in regulated environments, with GMP and 21CFR Part 11.
- Minimum 3 years of experience operating in a business analyst role with a proven record of business analysis including development of requirements and mapping re-engineering of business process.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex business processes, define opportunities and collaborate on delivering solutions.
- Demonstrated experience for development of use cases and associated methodologies.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience establishing and fostering relationships with business partners and teams, as well as supporting informational technology organizations.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills including risk identification and mitigation
- Ability to develop, articulate and build business cases to support roadmaps and align to long-term visions.
- Exceptional collaboration and leadership skills to effectively operate in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to effectively partner with delivery organizations on solutions and drive value in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing business environments and technologies
- Influencing skills with the ability to educate and inform business partners on business value, expectations, solution enablement and emerging technologies.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of project management methodologies and business case financials
- Experience in delivering solutions in accordance to Software Development Lifecycle.
- Prior Development Operations experience preferred
- Six Sigma Certification would be ideal.
Full Time, Contract (12 months)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Aisling Tighe on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
Our latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/