One of the world’s top freight forwarders and providers of contract logistics is now seeking a Branch Manager for its Dublin operation. The company offers sea, air and overland freight, warehousing and distribution, and integrated supply chain services to its clients. Reporting to the Regional Manager and with the support of an established local team, you will be responsible for delivering continued growth for the Irish operation whilst maintaining existing client relationships and ensuring the continued delivery of service levels that meet client expectations.
- Financial: Budget forecast; cost control; maximising profit
- Process Management: Ensure Customer Services, Operations and Job Administration follow operational processes and procedures, comply with Company policies and work effectively as a team; Maintain and manage performance through the branch scorecard to achieve and surpass benchmark; Irregularity handling – resolve issues arising between departments; Review and address any performance issues highlighted by Non Conformance reports.
- People Management: Ensure staff follow Company Policies and Procedures; Communicate effectively with staff as directed by the senior management team; Ensure weekly staff meetings are held; Conduct competence reviews for all staff in line with policy; Address staff grievances and any disciplinary matters in line with policy; Absence management in line with policy.
- Facility Management: Arrange for the provision, maintenance and repair of equipment in line with policy; Arrange for the maintenance of the fabric of the building and services in line with policy; Ensure a good standard of housekeeping is maintained throughout the facility.
- Administration: Maintain, record and store in line with policy; Conduct and review risk assessments of all activities in line with policy; Manage Health & Safety locally; Prepare and submit reports as required to meet deadlines.
- Business Development: Development of existing and new business; Maintain close relationships with customers; Liaise with business development team; hold periodic sales meetings; networking with trade and commerce organisations.
- Minimum of 10 years freight and logistics industry experience within a local company with at least 5 years within a management capacity.
- Proven ability to lead a team and manage change within an organisation.
- Strong commercial acumen and financial understanding.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Excellent all round industry knowledge including, multi-modal operations, customs and compliance, carrier relations etc.
- Effective communicator who can bring the team along a successful journey.
Full time, permanent
€Neg + Benefits
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Garvan Cerasi on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs