Branch Manager (Freight Forwarding) - Dublin 15
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Dublin 15
- Dublin West
Established Dublin 15 based international forwarding group now seek a Branch Manager with Irish market experience who can manage branch profit & loss; processes, people and facility management and associated administration along with business development.
Summary tasks and responsibilities:
- Budget forecast; cost control; maximising profit
- Process Management:
- Ensure Customer Services, Operations and Job Administration follow operational processes and procedures, comply with Company policies and work effectively as a team.
- Maintain and manage performance through the branch scorecard to achieve and surpass benchmark.
- Irregularity handling – resolve issues arising between departments
- Review and address any performance issues highlighted by Non Conformance reports.
- People Management:
- Ensure staff follow Company Policies and Procedures.
- Communicate effectively with staff as directed by the senior management team.
- Ensure weekly staff meetings are held.
- Conduct competency reviews for all staff in line with policy.
- Address staff grievances and any disciplinary matters in line with policy.
- Absence management in line with policy.
- Facility Management:
- Arrange for the provision, maintenance and repair of equipment in line with policy.
- Arrange for the maintenance of the fabric of the building and services in line with policy.
- Ensure a good standard of housekeeping is maintained throughout the facility.
- Maintain, record and store in line with policy.
- Conduct and review risk assessments of all activities in line with policy.
- Manage Health & Safety locally.
- Prepare and submit reports as required to meet deadlines.
- Business Development:
- Development of existing and new business.
- Maintain close relationships with customers.
- Liaise with business development team
- Hold periodic sales meetings
- Networking with trade and commerce organisations.
Qualifications, Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Minimum 5 years relevant senior management experience within the Irish Logistics industry
- Dangerous goods qualification, Security qualification (as appropriate) along with Risk Assessment / H&S training
- Solid IT business application skills
- Knowledge of customs procedures
- Strong commercial awareness with a natural aptitude for sales
- Proactive management approach
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with sound numerical ability
- An effective communicator with an ability to prioritise workload and make decisive decisions
Full time, permanent
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits package
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Garvan Cerasi on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
Our latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/