Customs Clearance Agent - Dublin North
- Freight Forwarding
- Dublin North
- € 30000 - € 40000
- Dublin City Centre, Dublin North
Looking to future proof your career? Customs has always been at the heart of global Logistics and Trade Compliance, but with Brexit coming and projected increases in Irish exports, now is the time to make your move. A leading supplier of customs brokerage services is now seeking a Customs Clearance Agent to join their team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completion of Customs entries, managing and develop relationships with clients to provide excellent customer service to all existing and potential customers.
- Manage Customer activities closely while in transit (cross trade business).
- Cross-training and development within other departments.
- Dealing with incoming correspondence.
- Dealing with telephone queries.
- Dealing with Haulers, Airlines and Shipping lines.
- Project Work when required.
- Involvement in Continuous Improvement Initiatives.
- Involvement in Establishing and Maintaining SOPs.
- Keeping all filing up to date.
- General Administrative duties within the Department.
- Min 1 year European customs clearance experience
- Proven ability to problem-solve.
- Strong industry knowledge.
- Strong Customer service skills, willingness to go the extra mile to resolve issues.
- Industry documentation knowledge, i.e. different types of shipments and documents required, e.g. EUR1, ATR, Carnet, Original Docs etc.
- Strong time management, ability to work under pressure.
- Data accuracy/attention to detail
- Microsoft Office skills and other Business Systems Experience
- Ability to write SOP's
- Good people skills, ability to build relationships with clients to ensure best customer service.
Fulltime, permanent (hours Monday - Friday 9 - 5:30 pm but flexibility will be required)
€30,000 - €40,000 (DOE)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact David Donegan on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/