A well established internationally based freight forwarder, now seek to hire an experienced Customs Broker their busy Dublin operations team. Applicants must have recent European Customs Clearance experience to be considered.
- Prepare and process import and export documentation according to customs regulations, laws, or procedures.
- Process simplified and complex declarations.
- Calculate duty and tariff payments owed on shipments.
- Represent clients in meetings with customs officials.
- Coordinate transportation and storage of imported goods.
- Classify goods according to tariff coding system.
- Stay abreast of changes in import or export laws or regulations by reading current literature, attending meetings or conferences, or conferring with colleagues.
- Confer with officials in various agencies to facilitate clearance of goods through customs and quarantine.
- Assist with tariff concession, duty drawback and other refund applications.
- Consult with importers and exporters as to the steps required to reduce duties and taxes.
- Minimum 3 years recent European Customs Clearance experience within a busy freight forwarder.
- A 3rd level qualification in Transport / Logistics, FIATA Diploma or Customs Training would be desirable.
- An excellent customer-centric attitude towards business and a good communicator.
- A hands-on approach with the ability to maintain priorities and deadlines.
- IT literate with experience of freight management software.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands.
Full time, permanent
€Neg. basic plus pension
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Garvan Cerasi on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/