A leading logistics provider now requires an experienced Customs clearance clerk on a permanent basis. This position involves working in the freight department, processing customs declarations and organising customer import/export shipments to global destinations. The job will entail dealing with all aspects of the service – dealing with ocean lines and customers, organising delivery of goods, invoicing & dealing with customs.
- Import and export customs entries
- Customs tariffs/valuations
- Updating the new Automated Import System
- Creating and discharging T1 Documents
- Solve Customer/ accounts queries in a timely manner.
- Updating all Import/Export Files with the relevant data.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and Revenue
- Ensuring Customer reports are updated and completed in a timely manner.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Freight forwarding/customs processing
- Accuracy and attention to detail is crucial
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good customs clearance knowledge for both simplex and complex entries.
- Need to be able to work on own initiative
- Previous experience with Word, Excel, Windows, Email & other PC based Software
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Nicola Murphy on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
Our latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs