Our client based in South Dublin is looking to add an experienced Customs Specialist to their expanding team. You must have recent import customs clearance experience in a forwarding environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete both simple and complex import customs entries
- Build strong working relationships and liaise with operational departments to ensure Revenue compliance for imports and exports.
- Build strong relationships with C&E/Revenue to ensure that Revenues expectancies are recognized, recorded and delivered on.
- Control transit movements both Import & Export to ensure all are discharged correctly.
- Follow TAN account process and ensure funds are received or acknowledged before outlaying vat and duties.
- Ensure that all entries are completed in accordance with the Customs procedure.
- Ensure entries are completed within the agreed time limit and the completed file is returned to operations on receipt of routing.
- Manage VAT 56B certificates
- Complete Customer Customs reporting
- System updating and maintenance
- Maintain Customer databases.
- Participate in internal auditing
- Intrastat completion
- Representative Document maintenance
- Support customers where they have Customs Audits
- Advise operations where the TAN account is used.
- Maintain knowledge of all regulation changes and any new processes that may arise
- Meet KPI targets with regards to entry completion
- Minimum 2-years recent import customs clearance experience in a Freight forwarding environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail is crucial
- Excellent organisation skills
- PC Literate
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own initiative in a busy administrative environment
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact David Donegan on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/