Our Client, a logistics company now requires a Depot Manager for a role based at St James Gate.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing and controlling a fleet of vehicles and staff.
- Organising the efficient distribution and collection of products.
- Achieving the service levels required by customers in terms of both quality and supply.
- Improving efficiencies and increasing productivity and profitability through improved fleet management.
- Liaising effectively with the relevant personnel in order that a good customer supplier relationship is maintained.
- Developing and implementing effective cost control processes using computer based systems to enhance the efficient organisation of the logistical function.
- Planning routes ensuring they are within legal driving hours and adhering to regulations.
- Ensuring driver compliance with Tachograph regulations.
- Driving improvements in Health and Safety
Ideally, candidates should have:
- A proven track record in a similar role with at least 5 years strong management experience
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively – both verbally and written
- An ability to work under tight deadlines and in a high pressure environment
- Initiative and high self-motivation
- Good decision making skills and follow through on decisions made
- Strong leadership skills
- Proficiency with Excel and other IT packages
- Flexibility in their working day
Full time, Permanent
For a confidential discussion on this opportunity please contact Danielle Lynch 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/