This leading Transport Company based in Cork is adding an experienced Transport Planner to join their already established Transport Operations Team. Reporting directly to the Logistics Manager your primary responsibilities and duties will be:
- Receiving and processing customer bookings.
- Data entry and job progressing on to the in-house system and the customers' systems.
- Planning Drivers' collections and deliveries with awareness of Drivers' tachograph hours regulations.
- Booking & updating jobs.
- Customer Service.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 1 year's experience in a similar role.
- Experience in Fleetmatics would be helpful.
- An understanding of Container Logistics is ideal but not essential.
- Good communication skills, both email and verbally.
- Good IT skills especially Excel.
- Geographical knowledge of Ireland's road network.
- Knowledge of drivers' tachograph rules and working time directives.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Good Team Player.
Full time, permanent
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Aisling Tighe on 021 233 9200 / 086 026 8784 [email protected]
Please note that your application to this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs