Our client is looking for an experienced Transport Planner to join their team. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years previous experience. Having ADR and temperature-controlled experience is a plus. As an experienced Transport Planner, you will co-ordinate the transport operations in order to achieve business objectives and the needs of the Customer.
- To cost-effectively plan and dispatch container and/or Truck Load routes to achieve contractual delivery times
- To ensure all administrative traffic duties are carried out as necessary and to a high level of accuracy and professionalism
- To ensure that defective deliveries/vehicles/damaged procedures are followed where necessary
- To assist in weekly and monthly KPI as set by the business and/or Customer
- To use all IT-based system in the effective delivery of their role
- Ensure that appropriate communication methods are used to provide information both internally and externally as required e.g. Dealing with customer/supplier issues etc.
- To identify and highlight to management any potential improvement opportunities
- To undertake any other reasonable task as required
- To always display the highest standards of customer service
- To undertake any relevant training events in line with own personal development needs and business requirements
Knowledge / Skills
- Customer Service Focused
- Minimum of 2 years Domestic full load transport planning experience within the Transport/Logistic business
- IT Literate
- Work well within a team as well as been able to work on their own initiative
Full time, permanent, office-based, Monday – Friday 08:00 – 16:30 or similar with on-call Mobile on shared rota once after 3 months
€30,000 - €36,000 (DOE)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact David Donegan on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs