A leading engineering company now requires a Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to work on numerous manufacturing sites mainly Cork City and County. However, some travel outside of cork will be required on occasion.
- Carry out EHS inductions, training, risk assessments and auditing to ensure
- Preparing safety and environmental documentation to support the Integrated Management System.
- Working with Divisional Management in the development, delivery, implementation and maintenance of Divisional specific SHEQ policies and procedures.
- Conducting safety and environment audits including the management and maintenance of the audit tracker.
- Providing SHEQ advice and direction to staff and contractors.
- Carrying out regular audits of sites and providing direction and guidance to project managers and site supervisors.
- Liaising with management and personnel to put appropriate action plans in place.
- Liaison with site project management on EHS issues.
- Carrying out weekly toolbox talks across sites and organize site based safety meetings.
- Maintaining the company’s ISO and Safe-T Cert accreditation's.
- Keeping all documentation up to date across all sites and ensuring company EHS policies and procedures are fully implemented and compliant with relevant legislation.
- Compiling and analyzing safety statistics and completing EHS tender prequalification documents.
- Carrying out site inductions of employees and subcontractor employees on site.
- Reporting of accidents, incidents and near misses, and assisting with investigations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Coordination in the development and review of task specific method statements, risk assessments, safe plans of action and permit to work systems.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Third level Health and Safety Degree/Diploma/Certification (Min Level 8, ideally Masters to Level 9)
- Full driving licence
- 3 years previous experience working as a Health and Safety Officer (Preferable)
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel etc.)
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong people management skills.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Nicola Murphy on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
Our latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs