Long established North Dublin Freight Forwarder now seeks an experienced European Road Freight Forwarder. Reporting to the Overland Manager, your key responsibilities will include;
- Foster and develop good relations with both existing and potential customers to ensure retention and growth.
- Liaise with European partners to ensure the department is proactive in providing a quality operational performance.
- Delivery and collection scheduling and dealing with Hauliers / subcontractors and third parties.
- Day to day operations in a busy office environment to include dealing with customers/invoicing/creditors invoices/customer & other reports/other administration duties.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the role to ensure full ownership.
- Deal with all customer phone sales and/or customer queries.
- Maintaining and / or implementing good working practices & procedures to ensure that departments run efficiently and with professionalism.
- Working in a busy fast paced environment, while maintaining quality and customer service.
- Managing your performance via Key Performance Indicators as discussed with your manager.
- Proactively look for continuous improvement with the department to ultimately provide the customer with an efficient and professional service.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum three years recent European road freight forwarding experience.
- A hands-on approach with the ability to maintain priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent administrative & IT skills (Azyra knowledge is preferable).
- The ability to work on own initiative within a team environment.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands
Full Time, Permanent
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Garvan Cerasi on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs