A well established, internationally-based freight forwarder, now seek to hire an experienced road freight forwarder for their Dublin operations. Applicants must have recent European Roadfreight and Short Sea experience within the Irish forwarding market.
- Foster and develop good relations with both existing and potential customers to ensure retention and growth.
- Liaise with carriers and overseas partners to ensure the department is proactive in providing a quality operational performance.
- Delivery and collection scheduling and dealing with carriers / subcontractors and third parties.
- Ownership and management of dedicated traffic lanes.
- Day-to-day operations in a busy office environment to include dealing with customers/customs clearance/invoicing/creditors invoices/customer & other reports/other administration duties.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the role to ensure full ownership.
- Deal with all customer phone sales and/or customer queries.
- Establish a good working relationship with the shipping department and customers.
- Ensure that all tariffs are kept up to date on the system.
- Maintaining and / or implementing good working practices & procedures to ensure that departments run efficiently and with professionalism.
- Ensuring timely and effective communication of Rate changes to customers.
- Timely Billing and accruing of shipments within the companies guidelines.
- Ensuring that the companies Quality guidelines are met on an ongoing basis.
- Active involvement with sales/Customer Services / Management to highlight areas of concern and feedback on crucial information.
- Customs Clearance formalities in line with Department guidelines.
- Minimum 3 years recent European Roadfreight and Short Sea experience within the Irish forwarding market
- A 3rd level qualification in Transport / Logistics, FIATA Diploma or International CPC would be desirable.
- An excellent customer-centric attitude towards business and a good communicator.
- A hands-on approach with the ability to maintain priorities and deadlines.
- IT literate with experience of freight management software.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands.
Full time, permanent
€Neg. basic with bonus and pension
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Garvan Cerasi on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/