Our client has over 35 years of experience in computer transport, logistics, data centre migration, and working with international technology companies. Is now looking for a European Transport Planner.
To work as part of a team which plans and coordinates transport routes across Ireland, the UK and Europe as well as daily manpower allocations in Dublin and London.
The ideal candidate will be able to perform administrative tasks efficiently and to a high standard, in accordance with standard operating procedures.
The successful candidate will ensure all queries and requests are dealt with promptly and professionally. S/he will be responsible for the preparation of documentation, maintaining files and completing financial transactions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan daily and weekly activities to ensure effective use of resources.
- Ensuring proof of delivery/activity are actively managed.
- Liaise with the control tower and team to ensure service levels are maintained
- Liaising with clients, sub-contractors, overseas offices and agents.
- Work closely with clients supply chain function to ensure schedules
- are met and are accurately reported on
- Respond to changing customer demands seamlessly
- Responsible for communicating with customers and understanding
- customer requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 2 Years experience in a similar role (European freight forwarder)
- Good communications skills on email and verbally
- Good IT skills
- Geographical knowledge of Northern and Southern Ireland
- Knowledge of drivers tachograph rules
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- PC skills, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams and Office 365
- Full understanding of Digital Tachograph regulations
- Monday to Friday - 8 am to 5:30 pm (40 per week on average)
- Flexibility is required.
€30,000 - €40,000 per year (DOE)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact David Donegan on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/