Our client, who has years of experience operating in the Logistics and Supply Chain Industry is now on the lookout for a skilled and motivated European Transport Planner.
Working as part of a team, you will plan and coordinate transport routes across Ireland, the UK and Europe as well as ensuring daily manpower allocations in Dublin and London.
This is a rounded role so you will perform administrative tasks efficiently and to a high standard, in accordance with reasonable standard operating procedures. You will also ensure all queries and requests are dealt with promptly and professionally as well as being responsible for the preparation of documentation, maintaining files and completing financial transactions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan daily and weekly activities to ensure effective use of resources.
- Ensuring proof of delivery/activity are actively managed.
- Liaise with the control tower and team to ensure service levels are maintained
- Liaising with clients, sub-contractors, overseas offices and agents.
- Work closely with clients supply chain function to ensure schedules are met and are accurately reported on
- Respond to changing customer demands seamlessly
- Responsible for communicating with customers and understanding customer requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 2 Years experience in a similar role (European freight forwarder or International Transport Planner)
- Good communications and IT skills including Microsoft Office and Office 365
- Geographical knowledge of Ireland
- Full understanding of Digital Tachograph regulations
Monday to Friday - 8 am to 5:30 pm (40 per week on average) however some flexibility is required.
€Neg (Depending on experience)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact David Donegan on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/