Our client, who has years of experience operating in the Logistics and Supply Chain Industry is now on the lookout for a skilled and motivated European Transport Planner to join the team in Monaghan.
Working as part of a team, you will plan and coordinate transport routes across Ireland, the UK and Europe as well as ensuring daily manpower allocations around Ireland.
This is a rounded role so you will perform administrative tasks efficiently and to a high standard, in accordance with reasonable standard operating procedures. You will also ensure all queries and requests are dealt with promptly and professionally, duties including planning routes, booking boats, liaising with customers dealing with drivers, rostering drivers, monitoring drivers breaks, organising delivery papers, and all other associated duties of a busy transport office.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan daily and weekly activities to ensure effective use of resources.
- Planning of transport loads to and from Ireland, UK and continent.
- Effective Route Planning of FTL (Full Containers) for Drivers and seeing though orders to completion.
- Ensuring proof of delivery/activity are actively managed.
- Liaise with the team and Drivers to ensure service levels are maintained
- Liaising with clients, sub-contractors, overseas offices and agents.
- Work closely with clients supply chain function to ensure schedules are met and are accurately reported on
- Respond to changing customer demands seamlessly
- Responsible for communicating with customers and understanding customer requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 1-2 Years experience in a similar role of European International Transport Route Planner.
- Good communications and IT skills including Microsoft Office and Office 365
- Geographical knowledge of Ireland
- Perfectly fluent written and spoken and English.
- Full understanding of Digital Tachograph regulations
Monday to Friday in general however, due to the nature of work some weekends and Bank Holidays will be required. This is done on a rotated basis.
€35-50,000 (Depending on experience)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Wesley Fitzgibbon on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs