Long established Dublin 15 based Freight Forwarder is now seeking to recruit a Freight Warehouse Operative who will be tasked with accounting for everything on a trailer back to a manifest; manage and count every item; unload loose cartons / rebuild onto pallets; arrange and sort our redeliveries back onto containers / DOT’s. Take notes of any damage/photos of damage and check cargo is labelled correct for delivery.
There is also an opportunity to build up your career in the office in operations once warehouse duties are fulfilled, booking in jobs/manifests / transferring of information/emailing hauliers with Pin numbers / Lay down references, arranging haulage and booking in deliveries and setting up deliveries, which will give the individual an insight from start to finish of the freight business from loading containers in Europe / China and dealing with agents regarding collections, loading of containers, arranging of containers etc.
As a warehouse/office operative, you have a great deal of responsibility. If you aim to progress on the career ladder, you must respect and adhere to an organisation’s business values and we feel the warehouse is where it is either won or lost and is a crucial and integral part of keeping a customer.
The position includes the following day-to-day duties, other than already highlighted above:
- Keeping detailed records of what is in the warehouse, and where fellow staff can find specific products.
- Finding goods as soon as possible when required.
- Ensuring goods aren’t damaged.
- Working as part of a team.
- Checking each load for missing or damaged items.
- Receiving goods at the right dock.
- Loading the goods onto trucks for shipping / DOT’s sand deliveries
- Motivated, energetic, ambitious, and detail-orientated individual that is keen to learn.
- This is very much a hands-on position, so it helps if you are relatively strong and physically fit.
- Valid forklift licence along with a manual handling certificate.
- Azyra freight system knowledge, warehouse and office experience would be a bonus.
- Ability to work flexible hours with some early morning starts from 7.30am
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- Collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Customer-focused approach (to both external and internal customers)
- Keen awareness of deadlines and time management, combined with ability to work under pressure
€26,000 (€500 a week)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact David Donegan on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs