Geotechnical Engineer - Cork / Dublin
- Cork / Dublin
- Cork, Dublin City Centre
Our client's innovative spirit compels them to express their ingenuity in unique ways - engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. They aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining their core mission of shaping a better world. They provide a full range of multidisciplinary engineering services and have built a reputation for unrivalled local expertise and knowledge.
As a geotechnical engineer, you will be responsible for undertaking the geotechnical design of several multidisciplinary projects both in Ireland and continental Europe. This will involve coordinating junior staff within tight timeframes. You will have strong technical skills both in design and field. The role will be in the Dublin or Cork office.
- Degree in Civil, Geotechnical or Structural Engineering. A post-graduate qualification in Geotechnical Engineering, Soil Mechanics, or equivalent is an advantage.
- Ideally Chartered status of a professional engineering organisation.
- 5 + years’ experience in geotechnical design and construction.
- Demonstrated strong technical understanding of: excavations, foundations, earthworks, slopes.
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain personal effectiveness particularly during periods of higher than normal workload.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Experience of planning, managing, supervising and interpreting geotechnical investigations.
- Effective written communication and report writing skills.
- Experience and ability in 3D modelling, scripting, numerical analysis or GIS would be an advantage.
- Appreciation of contaminated land/waste issues would be an advantage.
- Flexibility to travel, and full drivers licence an advantage.
Competitive - DOE
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Aisling Tighe on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/