Global Transportation Specialist required for a global 3PL's Hi-Tech client. Site-based role in the Amsterdam Operations Team. The client will consider European Citizens with Irish market experience.
Business demand is rapidly increasing and the client is looking for a highly dependable, enthusiastic individual to support growing operations. This role is uniquely positioned in EMEA, located onsite with a large international technology company on behalf of a Global 3rd Party Logistics Company.
You will be part of a Global Logistics Team, working together to ensure the customer’s needs are met holistically and with a best in class level of service. It requires a dynamic individual with a strong transportation and logistics background as well as excellent communication, sense of urgency, and customer service skills.
The Transportation Operations Specialist is responsible for driving carrier and service provider performance through collaboration and coordination of people, carriers, and facilities. Your ability to understand and communicate customer needs to multiple stakeholders is crucial to the success of the overall organisation. In this role, having a dynamic personality, strong analytical and organizational skills, and positive attitude to create meaningful relationships with cross functional teams is essential.
The Transportation Operations team actively manages the freight network for technical infrastructure locations around the world in a dynamic, fast changing environment.
- Work with cross-functional teams (order management, compliance, warehousing, manufacturing, service providers and information systems) on planning and performance objectives for transportation operations
- Drive carrier and service provider performance for AMS Hub operations
- Collect and interpret data, identify faults related to transportation operations and prepare recommendations to save the company time and money
- Plan and monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries
- Ensure all operations adhere to shipping laws, guidelines and regulations
- Lead or contribute to high impact initiatives that result in streamlining processes and generate efficiencies by identifying gaps and opportunities
- Define and improve key operational workflows and SOPs for inbound and outbound shipments into and out of warehousing hubs and manufacturing facilities across EMEA
- Prepare reports for weekly reviews with service vendor partners using key performance indicators and present findings and opportunities to management
- Provide appropriate solutions to internal customers for on-time, safe and secure delivery, meeting and exceeding the customer’s internal standards
- Work with teams to gather, analyze data and present findings to other teams and management
- Support transportation procurement processes as they relate to inbound and outbound workflows in and out of the customer’s hub and facilities in the region
- BA or equivalent preferably in Supply Chain, Business or related
- 3+ years experience in Freight Forwarding ideally with direct working knowledge of transporting air freight, parcel freight, sea freight and road freight operations
- Working knowledge of import/export/transport processes, documentation, etc.
- Excellent project management and communication, problem-solving skills
- Ability to acquire, analyze and represent data as needed
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis
- Ability to tailor format and style of effective communication in person, via email, documents and presentations
- Successfully operate in an increasingly complex and evolving business model
- Must be a team player, display and drive a culture of respect within the workplace
- 100% Fluent in English is essential.
Permanent, full time. Monday to Friday.
€40,000 annual salary approx (DOE), Pension, Healthcare, Bonus etc….
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs