Dublin City based Shipping Line seeks to hire a Graduate Trainee Liner Agent. The position will entail training in Import & Export Shipping. A Diploma or Degree in Supply chain is required.
With continued training, the candidate needs to be motivated to succeed and have the drive & enthusiasm for continued learning in the area of Shipping Line & Ocean Freight Forwarding Operations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train in all company Systems & processes.
- Become an expert within the industry.
- Work with your mentors within each department to develop an insight knowledge into each service
- Coordinate with each department to learn the processes of Shipping Line activities.
- Become familiar with the industry, the competitors, the service providers, the customers, their needs & the rates
- Liaise with customers, shipping agents, other offices and Freight Forwarding companies.
- Complete training plan set out specifically for this role to complete succession for the future!
- Assist in the administration within each dept.
- Assisting in the weekly/monthly reporting for all customers
- Building a career
- Recently Completed Diploma or Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Warehousing or similar field with some internship experience from within the Industry.
- Must be living in an Ideal location to Dublin City.
- Fluent English.
- Proven Motivation & Drive to Succeed
- Good communication skills
- PC Literate
Please Note - This is a Graduate Trainee position, candidates who possess management experience will not be considered.
Permanent, Full-time (Monday to Friday Office hours)
€24-25,000 basic salary (Starting), pension etc…
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/