Import / Export Freight Co-ordinator required to plan, direct and control all UK import activities on a day to day basis. You will be responsible for delivering high-quality customer service to all customers, partners and suppliers whilst managing your time effectively to ensure that priorities and targets set are achieved.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct and control all UK import activities on a day to day basis.
- Ensure all Consignments are loaded onto the system prior to arrival/departure, checking paperwork for accuracy.
- Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and invoiced prior to export, delivery or release.
- Provide transport companies with relevant information to ensure customer collection/delivery requirements are met.
- Develop constructive relationships with key customers and key suppliers, resolving any concerns and ensuring corrective action is taken.
- Identify and provide early warning to the manager on any issues and problems that could have an adverse effect on deadlines.
- Take ownership of all accounting issues and queries as and when directed by management
- Assist with insurance claims in line with company procedures as and when requested by management.
- Monitor incoming mail and highlight potential problem areas to relevant staff, delegating as appropriate, advising management as and when necessary.
- Complete month-end routines as directed by the manager.
- Promote and maintain image, procedures and standards as set by management
- Action other ad hoc duties as requested.
- Good knowledge of import/export procedures would be beneficial
- Able to work and meet deadlines
- Computer literate
- Able to implement and manage systems which further enhance the companies profile
- Possess team player qualities and good leadership skills
- Able to plan ahead
- A pro-active attitude
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Able to promote the corporate culture
Full time permanent
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Nicola Murphy on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
Our latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/