A long-established and respected South Dublin Freight Forwarder now seeks an Import Freight Specialist with Customs knowledge. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be a valued member of an established operations team and your principal responsibilities will include;
- To organise the effective import of cargo utilising Road, Sea and Airfreight
- Operational management of allocated customer accounts in line with Standard Operating Procedures
- Dealing with foreign and domestic agents to ensure that operational objectives are achieved.
- To ensure all administration for files is completed to a high level of accuracy and professionalism
- To use all IT-based systems in the effective delivery of the role
- Ensure that appropriate communication methods are used to provide information both internally and externally as required e.g. Dealing with customer/supplier issues etc.
- To identify and highlight to management any potential improvement opportunities
- Completing import Customs Clearances as required
- Maintaining an appropriate paper trail for Revenue
Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum 3 years recent and relevant multi-modal forwarding experience within a busy Freight or Logistics business
- Experience processing customs clearances
- Knowledge of various customs arrangements is preferable
- Strong customer service focus
- Organised and logical thinker
- Works well under pressure and can prioritise workload
- IT literate with excellent attention to detail
Full Time, Permanent
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Garvan Cerasi on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/